How to Use an Anal Douche
Anal douches are incredibly useful tools for fans of anal sex toys and anal sex. They work by cleansing the anus before penetration, ensuring that it’s as clean and hygienic as possible. This not only ensures your play won’t be messy, it alleviates any associated fears, helping you to relax into your pleasure. Many people like to douche in particular before enjoy oral stimulation of the anus, known as rimming or analingus.
Anal douching flushes water through the anus and it then expelled, leaving it clean. Douches come in different sizes and shapes to suit all levels of experience and are incredibly simple to use, even the first time.
How to Use an Anal Douche
Remove the douche from the packaging and give it an initial rinse, just to make sure it's clean. Then, fill the bulb up with tepid water either by removing the tip and running it directly under the tap or by squeezing the bulb then immersing it in a container of water, allowing the suction effect to draw the water in.
Lubricate the end of the douche and the opening of the anus then gently insert the nozzle. We advise doing this over the toilet as the angle allows for easy insertion and keeps the whole process clean and hygienic.
Once inserted, press the bulb of the douche which will result in the water being dispensed into the rectum. It will gently clean you, removing any waste material from the lower part of the passage. Squeeze the bulb gently for slower water flow and more firmly for faster flow. Always start off slowly and pay attention to how your body reacts. Many people find taking things slowly throughout douching offers a better experience.
Remove the douche gently and hold the water until you feel the natural urge to expel it. It is advised that you repeat this several times until the water that you are ejecting runs clear. You can check this more thoroughly by flushing the toilet after a few rinses.
- You should not use anything but clean water in your douche.
- The temperature of the water should be luke warm and tested beforehand to ensure safety.
- Use your anal douche around 45 minutes before anal play for optimum cleanliness. Be patient and ensure that your body has settled. Try applying anal lubricant and indulging in a little anal foreplay in the bathroom before you move into the bedroom. This will help you to ensure your body is ready.
- Douching can remove the natural lubrication of the anus so it is important to use anal lubricant before attempting any further insertion.
- You will need to adjust the angle of your body accordingly for the tip of the douche to fit in. If you encounter any pain, stop immediately.
What is the Difference Between a Douche and an Enema?
The difference between a douche and an enema is the amount of water they hold and how far into the anus they clean. A douche, such as our best-selling Lovehoney BASICS Anal Douche, is ideal for beginners. Douches typically hold up to 400ml of water and as you squeeze the water by hand, douches are much easier to control.
An enema usually has a bag for holding the water, typically between 400ml and 2 litres, that allows the water to flow into the anus automatically. Some enema bags have adjustable valves, allowing you to control the rate of flow. Enemas often have a deeper nozzle, allowing the water flow to reach deeper inside you than a douche would. When coupled with a larger volume of water, an enema provides a much deeper cleansing.
Need more help?
You can Contact Customer Care, who will be able to help you find the perfect anal sex toy. You can email, telephone or live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You may also like